Cozumel features great diving, snorkeling and beaches, marine-life encounters, botanical gardens, trails and shopping in the town of San Miguel. The nearby mainland is home to Tulum, Mayan cliffside ruins overlooking the Caribbean.
The One Thing You Don’t Want to Miss
Don’t miss the opportunity to explore the ruins of the ancient Mayan city of Tulúm, majestically perched above the turquoise Caribbean. The site was occupied as far back as 600 A.D. However, it was most densely populated around 1200 A.D. You will be struck by the pyramid-shaped El Castillo, which dominates the city from atop a forty-foot cliff. The nearby Temple of the Descending God provides equally excellent insight into the architecture of the Mayan people, who gained considerable achievements in the arts and sciences, only to decline and vanish for no apparent reason.
Other Fun Things to Do
- Explore the underwater world of Chankanaab on a deep-sea adventure aboard the Atlantis Submarine.
- Discover what makes a dolphin so magical as you play and interact with these amazing creatures in Chankanaab National Marine Park.
- Sit back, relax, and bury your toes in the white sand of Playa Mia Beach in Cozumel. This destination offers all the food, drinks and activities you can imagine, including relaxing massages on the beach.
- Take a Jeep®-safari adventure through the tropical landscape of Cozumel’s east side. Ride through sand dunes and trails for an unforgettable experience.
- Learn to prepare a Mexican feast and enjoy your culinary skills with Mexican wines and a festive atmosphere.
- Escape to the secluded beauty of your own private beach paradise, Passion Island.
- Experience snow-white bunkers and breathtaking views as you play a memorable round of golf on the championship course at the Cozumel Country Club.
- Snorkel in the clear sapphire-colored water around Cozumel’s coral reefs. It’s a snorkeler’s dream, and one of the world’s premier snorkeling destinations. Equipment, instruction and guidance begin at Sand Dollar Beach. From there, you’ll be able to enjoy everything your eyes behold for as long as you like, with transportation ready and waiting to take you back to your ship.
- Take in the views of the north side of the island while skimming through the water in your two-person speed boat.